Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Inspired by another post, one year of weight loss

I normally am mostly a lurker but I saw the year progress post by /u/genambition which inspired me to share my progress. Over the course of the last year I have lost 50 lbs through a low-carb diet. I found that the hardest thing was getting good habits started, as once I got through the first two weeks of strict dieting I found it much easier to continue.

The biggest help has been in meal prep and keeping things simple. For example, my breakfast practically every morning is 4 eggs and some cheese. I might make an omelette, scramble, fry them, whatever, but I keep to that predictably. Regarding the meal prep, I make a weeks worth of dinners every Sunday, so that when I come home I am not tempted to stop at fast food as I know I've got something ready to eat.

I am a scientific programmer so my post would not be complete without some data. I logged my morning weight almost every day for the last 3.5 months (which is approximately when I got my new phone and really started ramping up my dieting). For some people that level of weight logging would be discouraging, but I found for me it definitely helped.

Weight Graph with Annotations

I definitely am starting to feel more comfortable in my own skin and it has been a major boost to my confidence. I was hoping to reach 210 before Thanksgiving but I've gotten pretty close and I know I'll be able to continue my journey through the holidays (though probably definitely going to cheat some for turkey day!) Please let me know if you have any questions ... this shit is hard and I think we all need all the help we can get!

Overall stats

Height: 6'2"

SW: 272 lbs

CW: 223 lbs

GW: 210 lbs

Don't have many before pictures, found one of me at a company holiday party last year.

Before/After

Also obligatory belt picture (got that belt for Christmas last year and it almost didn't fit!)

submitted by /u/RocketMans123
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QYWKUW

No comments:

Post a Comment