Thursday, February 22, 2024

So i managed to drop 50 pounds in just 6 months

Hi i (20f) wanted to just share my progress and how much ive improved recently with my weight loss journey,excuse my horrendous english cuz im not a native speaker

So i started off at 5'9" 180-ish lbs (175 cm 82 kg),yeah thats only slightly overweight but the excess weight felt like a burden on my body and made me lack energy,plus it gave me a very unaesthetic protruding gut lol. Before the 'fat is beautiful and perfect' types pour in,there were exactly ZERO benefits for me from being overweight,I just felt lethargic and sluggish (and looked like a slob) all the time.

I gained all this weight during quarantine i believe (all the snacking and lounging around for several years lol) and it sort of just stayed on

So I decided I wanted to lose all the excess weight. Admittedly it was kinda affected by wanting to physically look better to a degree,i know most people denounce losing weight for aesthetic purposes,but like I said:having a gut wasnt a good look lol. However i genuinely did want to improve my health and energy and thought dropping significant weight would help with my situation. So i decided to start trying to find ways to speed up my weight loss effectively.

Ive been on a calorie deficit for the past half a year,it was a little hard in the beginning but i knew it was worth it long term,so I kept going and tried hard to maintain. Simple:calories in < calories out,although to be fair there were barely any getting 'in' in the first place lol. In general,I focused on counting calories cautiously (wow accidental alliteration lol...and again) and occasionally did some mild cardio exercise,i.e. things like running or cycling just for good measure in case diet isnt enough to speed up the weight loss.

All in all ive been patient these past few months and am happy to say ive managed to drop down to an unrecognizable 130 lbs (around 59 kg in metric),when I look at my entire body literally everything is just so much smaller its incredible. It fixed my self esteem and now the only thing left to do is try and maintain this weight for as long as possible so i dont end up stuck in a rut like i was for the past 4 years.

Hope this isnt considered braggadocious,it really wasnt my intention if so,i just felt like sharing my improvement with people who i assume relate and have had similar issues. Im awkward at ending posts so uh...any additional advice i guess? Would appreciate,thx.

submitted by /u/Fair_Bonus6757
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/aUENR8l

No comments:

Post a Comment