Tuesday, February 27, 2024

How much weight loss is needed to result in skin sagging, even if it’s very slight?

I (28F) thought this was just a sign of aging at first, but now I’m wondering if it could possibly be due to weight loss. I don’t have crepey skin or wrinkles anywhere else on my body or face, but the inside of my elbows get crepey when I hold them at certain angles. It’s been this way for over a year and it’s getting more noticeable to the point that I want to start working out my arms to build muscle in hopes it will help. I know as we age some women will notice this around their neck, but I do not have this yet and I’m also not even 30 and otherwise aging well. I find it so odd that it’s just this single location.

I did lose about 35 pounds in recent years but 1) I’m 5’9 so for my height I don’t think it is drastic and 2) it was over the course of about four years so it wasn’t sudden. Is this enough to cause sagging skin? I am also about 120 lbs so it could just be because I’m thin? I would be very discouraged to find that this is just premature aging.

submitted by /u/FeistyGroundhog
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/XEwP9cv

No comments:

Post a Comment