I'm F/41/5'4/162
I got back into fitness during COVID and created a little gym space in a spare room. Soon I started Orange Theory and did that for 2 years, then I took a break and then got a regular gym membership where I mostly do 20min treadmill, 15 min stair stepper then weight machines for 10-15 min.
Some weeks I really push it and some weeks I just do little incline challenges.
Lately I've been just eating less, making all my meals at home (thank u economy) and quit drinking. I'll do a month here and there sober.
I def feel lighter, more energy, and no bloating or that feeling of "I ate too much last night". Don't miss that at all. But I am slowly noticing I have a layer of fat around my waist and on my upper back that just bothers me. And I'm thinking to myself "how/when did this even happen". It finally came to me, I am finally realizing the fat I have accumulated is from the last 10/15 years of getting high, eating everything, drinking all those nights out, and not being active at all. It's not something that came on to me within a few months/weeks but it slowly formed as decisions were made. So, weight loss is trying to burn fat that took years to develop in your body so why would the process be easy? Your basically undoing body chemistry/memory/habits and most importantly, your way of thinking about weight loss. This realization devastated me but also made me take this even more seriously. As we all want to get over/through tough times in our lives, heartbreaks, grief, we want to also lose the weight that we feel doesn't fit within our lives or identity anymore. So maybe I am still carrying the physical results of those "times" in my life. This realization knocked the crap out of me TBH and I started thinking "hell, no. This is a battle, not a journey". I NEED to lose this weight. I'm not the person who let it grow freely in my body anymore and doesn't serve any purpose other than being a physical sign I had really bad times in my life and tried to make myself happy anyway I could. Now I have other outlets for "feel good" chemicals and know the quick fixes aren't going to make us happy long term .
Anyways, I hope this inspires someone today like it did to me.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/TGZ75M8
No comments:
Post a Comment