Friday, August 7, 2026

Unsolicited advice is so irritating

I'm currently doing couch to 5k and have been really proud of myself getting to week 6, and have successfully been losing weight.

I had already been feeling down about my size as my friend I'm staying with has been going on dates and it just reminds me that no one asks me out which is besides the point.

Today ,I go on a run, and this middle-aged guy is smiling and appears to be rooting me on as it is an uphill area. He then proceeds to pull over and stop me, mind you I am still clearly running! He then says if he can give me a tip and asks if I'm trying to lose weight. I say no as I just want to carry on running. He then proceeds to give me advice anyway and tells me that for weight loss, it's not about running its about nutrition. Mind you, I track my calories and am very well versed in nutrition as I did research on it, which earned me a degree. I told him I have a nutrition degree and ran off.

It's just so infuriating that people seem to think that overweight people know nothing about nutrition or fitness?? And to give unsolicited advice, I bet he doesn't even have proper qualifications to do so. He had said he coaches in this stuff which makes me believe he isn't a registered dietician or doctor. Also the fact that people can be overweight due to many things other than nutrition e.g. steroids, anti psychotics or conditions like hypothyroidism.

Just wanted to rant I guess. It really put a damper on my mood and I almost wanted to cry, it did make me run faster though!

submitted by /u/Beginning_Sensitive
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/pNAdeyX

No comments:

Post a Comment