Friday, August 21, 2026

Any tips for losing weight after 50 while on beta-blockers (bisoprolol)?

Hi everyone,

I’m over 50 and trying to lose weight (about 20kg, probably more like 30), but I’m on bisoprolol (a beta-blocker) for my heart. I’ve read that beta-blockers can make weight loss harder by lowering heart rate, reducing exercise capacity, and sometimes affecting metabolism or appetite.

I’m already careful with my diet and I do regular walking (including treadmill work), but progress feels very slow and I suspect the medication is part of the problem.

Has anyone here managed to lose weight successfully while on beta-blockers, especially after 50? If so, what worked for you in terms of diet, type of exercise, pacing, or working with your doctor? Any practical tips or things to avoid would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance for any advice

submitted by /u/Baramin
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/T2ZQzpO

No comments:

Post a Comment