Monday, August 24, 2026

Advise on routine/motivation

Hi everyone! I’m looking for some motivation and a fresh set of eyes on my macros and gym routine.
Today is the start of week 4 of my cut.

I’m 35F, 5’4”, and looking to lose about 15–20 lbs and get back to my “happy place” which is around 130 lbs. I’ve been sticking pretty consistently to my macros and gym routine, but I noticed today that the scale hasn’t moved.

I know four weeks isn’t a huge amount of time, and I’m trying not to obsess over the scale, but I’m a little worried about motivation. I’m a teacher and go back to school next week, so I’m anticipating that my routine will get harder to maintain that’s why I’ve been trying to build some mini habits now so that I don’t rely entirely on motivation once school starts.

Ideally, I’d love to be in the low 140s by October and the low 130s by Christmas, but I’m not sure if that’s realistic.

Here’s where I’m starting:
SW: ~152 lbs
GW: 130 lbs
Height: 5’4”
Calories: ~1,300/day
Macros: 120g protein / 120g carbs / 40g fat

My current workout routine
Day 1: Lower body + core (lighter weight/higher reps) + 30 min elliptical
Day 2: Upper body (lighter weight/higher reps) + 30 min elliptical
Day 3: 45 min elliptical
Day 4: Rest
Day 5: 45 min elliptical + core
Day 6: Lower body (heavier weight/lower reps) + 30 min elliptical
Day 7: Upper body (heavier weight/lower reps) + 30 min elliptical

Eventually, I’d like to reduce some of the cardio and move toward 4 days of weight training + 1 cardio day, but I’m starting here because I want to build consistency and I am still really novitiates and trusting the process.

Has anyone else had a similar amount of weight to lose, and what helped you stay motivated when the scale wasn’t moving? I’d really appreciate some honest feedback and/or motivation!

P.S.- I am not taking a GLP1 or any weight loss medication.

TIA!

submitted by /u/imjustamuggl3
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/UCTrMv1

No comments:

Post a Comment