Friday, August 28, 2026

Can’t Tell If I’m Plateauing

Been doing everything the same except I added in the gym recently, and I’ve started eating a bit more. Still getting my 10 - 12K steps, etc.

I’ve only been going to the gym for a couple weeks now (About 1 hour 2 - 3 times a week) and only been eating higher for a slightly shorter period of time. After having a really bad blood sugar crash episode and having little to no energy I upped my calories from 1500 back up to 1700. This puts me at no dietary deficit as I am not eating under my BMR, but I’ve had more energy. I know for certain I am in a smaller deficit (Before I was easily crushing 1K, now I’ve been hitting 750, I don’t really know how to factor in how much I’m really burning at the gym).

I have of course been consistently measuring and weighing my foods, calorie counting, count sauces, creamer, etc. (I’ve lost 124 pounds so far so I’m pretty with it). I’ve only had one bad day in recent memory where my partner and I decided to have a few drinks and I indulged in some of their snacks while we were drinking and I just called it 1,000 over and have already worked it back off according to my calculations.

However, I haven’t been seeing the scale dropping any and I have not plateau’d for more than a couple weeks before. I feel like it’s too soon for me to have noticed any sort body recomp, but I did have my partner who sews and tailors measure me and my waist has shown a two inch drop since a month/month and a half ago, which is confusing?

I know that sometimes starting to work out will cause muscles to swell and hold water, but idk. I’m feeling very demotivated rn because I’m used to seeing a steady, consistent drop and the scale not moving has been eating me alive.

Every time it doesn’t move I think about all the goals that are getting pushed further away. I wanna finally be a healthy weight. I want to stop being obese. I want to feel attractive. I want to feel confident enough that I will look good in wedding photos so I will stop pushing off mine and my partner’s wedding.

I’m 255 pounds as of the scale this morning and I just keep thinking to myself that it shouldn’t be this difficult. I’m not small enough yet that the weight loss “should be hard yet” if that makes sense.

So I guess it comes down to. Do you guys think I am plateauing, going through body recomp, still losing but water weight is kicking my ass, or going crazy? (Last one is probably true no matter what else may be).

submitted by /u/keshi2uwu
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/GON29IV

No comments:

Post a Comment