Kind of a rant but since I was a kid (like 4th grade), I’ve been the ‘fat kid.’ I just graduated college a few months ago and I learned a lot about fitness and weight loss. I went into college 300+ and dropped all the way to 265 before gaining it all back again. Right now my stats are: M22, 301 pounds, 6’2.
The Good:
Since graduating, I got a gym membership, been working with a trainer twice a month to relearn good and safe lifting practices, returned to a sport I love and am sorta consistent in, and am meal-prepping semi-consistently.
I genuinely enjoy weightlifting and know it will lead to excellent results if I remain consistent. I also am feeling more confident being at a new gym in general but also doing the lifts/exercises I do. My sport is cardio-heavy and a great all-body workout. I’ve played it for two years now and for the first time ever I truly enjoy running lol. The teamwork, understanding from others, and effort I put into it makes working out enjoyable and is helping me get through some of my post-grad slump.
My meal prep is nothing crazy tbh. I tried doing the ‘fun’ recipes from fitness influencers but I’m back to 1-2 meals of ground beef, frozen vegetables, and white rice. I typically skip breakfast and replace it with coffee and an energy drink. Is that the best? Absolutely not. Why do I do it? I wake up at 2AM for work and I absolutely can’t stomach anything when I wake up that early.
I’ve also began taking some supplements. Nothing insane, just a daily multi-vitamin and a pre/post/pro-biotic gummy.
The Bad: I suck at consistency. That’s the bottom line.
I intend to go to the gym 3 times a week. Reality though is more like 0-2 times a week. It infuriates me because I drop it down to being lazy and undisciplined (as well as wicked tired when I get off work at noon). I try to pack my gym bag before I go to work but I end up forgetting stuff. I either don’t have shoes or shorts or something and at that point I just don’t go.
As for my sport, we hold practices twice a week but I think due to my job I need to cut involvement to once a week for practice and then any games I can attend. I can’t work effectively off like 4 hours of sleep immediately after a high-intensity training lol
My eating habits are beginning to slip as well, especially over the past two weeks. Initially I wasn’t eating out at all, then it was like once-twice every paycheck, and now this week alone it’s been three times. While I want to loose weight, I also am human and want to enjoy eating out on occasion and am planning to reduce it back down to 1-2 a paycheck.
Bottom Line
Overall, I think I’m being pretty lazy. I’ve been using excuses like “oh I’m starting a new job” or “oh I need to help my grandparents today” and other BS but objectively I know it’s a crutch. I need to keep away from restaurants, eat my meal prep, and pack my gym bag. I’m about to go to the gym as soon as I charge my watch. I just got some weightlifting straps in from Amazon and am very excited to use them!
Some Other Things
Just some other things floating in my head. I tend to be very hard on myself so I think some of this is anxiety of failing or something to that effect. If I don’t do something right the first time, I tend to let the intrusive thoughts in. I’m working on that but I also don’t want to loose too much of this in case I end up being even more of a fat chud
Even if I loose weight I’ll still be a larger dude, but I want to loose as much fat as possible to start looking good. I try to balance the “I’m still gonna wear like an L or XL” with “I need to be skinny” everyday lol
I’ve had some former friends whom have said some negative things about my body before (we aren’t friends for different reasons) and that is kind of fuel for me atm. I am changing for myself and not for them, but I hope to use their rudeness to help me instead of bring me down.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/DFQ5ROG
No comments:
Post a Comment