Monday, August 24, 2026

Down the first 15 lbs!

I (22F, 5ft 7in) have been overweight for the past few years, my highest weight as of a few months ago was around 290 lbs. I had put on a lot of weight due to an injury where I was unable to walk for two months (while eating way too much junk) and haven’t been able to get it off yet.

I’m also in a serious relationship, and we’re hoping to get engaged and married within the next few years. Because of this, I’ve decided that I want to get to a healthy weight by the time we get married. Over the course of the past few months, I have lost 15 pounds and am down to 275, and I am so so happy and proud of myself!

I used to be one of those people who thought that weight loss was naturally easier for some people due to genetics and that weight loss just didn’t come easily for me. Over the past few months, I’ve realized that it actually is just calories in versus calories out. One thing that has been working great for me is eating foods that are low calories for their volume, like cucumbers and blueberries and stuff like that. It helps me feel full while also staying within my calorie goals. I’ve also been learning how to stop eating when I think I’ll be full soon, because in the past I’ve struggled with eating too much even past the point of feeling full. Both of those have been huge game changers.

Some days are frustrating when the scale stays at the same weight for a few days, but then I swear I’ll wake up one day and it’ll say I’m down like three pounds overnight lol. Apparently this happens for some people.

Anyway, yeah! I’ve never posted on here before, but reading everyone else’s stories is really motivating and I have been so proud of myself so far. I am determined to become the best version of myself for myself and my future. :)

submitted by /u/wonagomozz
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/I42LfVJ

No comments:

Post a Comment