Thursday, August 20, 2026

Body measurements after weight loss

Hi there. I’ve lost a lot of weight over the past year and have gotten to a point where I am attempting to “maintain” while building a bit of muscle that I almost certainly lost along the way.

While I was losing weight it was easy to track my progress with a scale but now that I’ve increased my caloric intake and started doing regular strength training I feel like I’m flying blind. The scale is all over the place day to day and the general trend is up. Theoretically this is a good sign as muscle growth naturally leads to a higher weight but emotionally it makes me feel as though I’m moving in the wrong direction again.

Are there any methods I can use to reassure myself that what I’m seeing on the scale is “good” weight? I’ve heard waist measurement can help track body fat percentage but I’m having difficulty getting accurate measurements. Generally it seems as though you’re supposed to measure “at your belly button” but I’ve lost quite a lot of weight and my belly button is on a low droopy flap of skin. Do I still measure there? Seems as though that’s more of a hip measurement for me. If I don’t measure there, then where?

Any advice on how to navigate this part of my journey is welcome.

submitted by /u/A_R_Dust
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/vX7WhxY

No comments:

Post a Comment