Thursday, August 13, 2026

Confused by my TDEE

265 lbs (starting weight 274), 6’2” female, 26, sedentary due to bad arthritis but also doing my best to walk each day, usually 4-8k steps a day.

I’ve been using MyFitnessPal to track calories, and it is telling me to eat 1950 calories a day to lose 2 lbs a week. It usually ups me to around 2100 after walking (app is set to sedentary- I know not to eat these back). However I did my TDEE calculations using the calculators and got a maintenance of 2600 - so a 1000 calorie deficit would be 1600?

I’ve been eating in the 1400-1600 range (once I finish dinner I don’t eat more if I’m not hungry) and I seem to be losing weight slower than normal - I’ve been tracking for 30 days straight and have dropped 9 pounds and haven’t really had a drastic water weight loss, and I’ve heard that bigger people lose weight faster which hasn’t happened? But I got my 2 lbs a week? Idk if I’m doing this right or if my expectations are just too high 😂😂 I’m just scared of the possibility that I’ve been at this for a month and I’ve only lost water weight

submitted by /u/Western_Walrus_3527
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/6DrziXQ

No comments:

Post a Comment