Wednesday, August 26, 2026

In the past two days ive hiked about 11 miles and have realized I have limitations.

Im about 6 months into a "whatever works" weight loss program and have decided that im not comfortable in a gym but theres a beautiful farm/walking trail where I can walk until I fall out. 6 months ago I was 325 and at my last weigh in (yesterday) I was 290. I have been wrestling with...I guess my mortality. I have a 7 year old daughter and a wife I want to be around forever.

Yesterday was 6.5 miles in two hours, today was 4.5 in about 1:40 bc im middle aged and my knees decided it had asked too much. Found a good walking stick and made it back up the hill.

All in all I feel very proud of myself but wanted to ask others how they mitigate knee pains on a decline. The elevation is only about 400 ft but a solid half mile of the loop is on an incline and about .75 of a mile on a decline.

Is it as simple as "dont do this shit on consecutive days" or should I be trying to find more nuance in how I approach this?

Thank you for reading!

submitted by /u/suprostar
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/jW3wJzU

No comments:

Post a Comment