Sunday, August 23, 2026

Has losing weight and calorie counting changed your attitude around food in a good way?

I always heard how folks struggle with feeling deprived or going too far and over restricting or obsessing about food or the scale when they track too long, but has anyone had the opposite happen?

For example, I was generally into nutrition but really had no sense of how much I was overeating or choosing very calorie dense foods. I was also afraid to regularly step on the scale. Once I started tracking and weighing I realized that I just had to change a few things and switch some things up and it made it all so much easier. I think I obsessed more when I was avoiding and hiding from the truth.

A week ago I had to eat out a lot for work and I found that after, all I was craving was salads, fruit, lean proteins, and healthy veg— think my body missed the balanced nutrition and I was feeling off from all the rich food.

Now I’m also more interested in making sure I meet nutritional targets since I’m in maintenance. Instead of “obsessing,” my weight loss journey has taught me how to properly nourish myself so I feel my best and not deprived at the same time.

I didn’t really think that would happen to me, but I’m grateful! Anyone else have a story like that?

submitted by /u/Jhasten
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/TypPlQk

No comments:

Post a Comment