26M, I have been obese for like 8 years now, now way worse (145 Kg or however many pounds).
Nothing works. Or more importantly, nothing sticks. I feel like I am possessed by some kind of unhealthy food demon that makes me go bad overeating, overindulging and overstuffing myself no matter how I want to change.
I really want to change. My life is in danger from this. I am cognisant that if I don't change now, I may die in less than 10 years. I am fully aware of this reality and I ought to everything possible to prevent it.
I am addicted to the dopamine that food brings me. Completely addicted. There is no substitute for it in my life. Food is 50% of the joy I have in my life. I am naturally a pesimist, an introvert. Food is how I get some joy in life.
2 years ago I tried losing weight with a registered dietitian. It worked for 2 months, until I started eating junk food again after stress from college finals. Now since 2.5 months ago I am on Wegovy, and it doesn't work. I still want to eat junk. I am on vacation right now, and I still overindulge and eat my feelings away.
I have been on therapy for 10 years now due to anxiety and similar issues. So going to a therapist won't fix my indulging tendencies. I am afraid on what to do now, because the miracle drug is not working.
I, a grown man, fully aware of the consequences, still on a weekly basis, will raid the supermarket and buy unhealthy shit. I may do 1 week of healthy eating, and then I am back again addicted, like a crack addicted.
Has anyone been in my shoes and succeeded at changing? Because right now I feel utterly and completely defeated.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ucDkjU5
No comments:
Post a Comment