Friday, August 14, 2026

Weight loss without a thyroid

Hey! I (F, 31) had thyroid cancer and a complete thyroidectomy when I was 16 years old, about 15 years ago. Since then I've had my weight yo-yo, from 120 lbs (although I was struggling with a bit of an ED at that point) up to 175 lbs at my heaviest. I'm down to about 160 lbs right now. I'm 5'3 and was never super active until about a year ago when I started swimming and lifting regularly. My goal is to be in a "healthy" BMI range, about 135-140 lbs.

My question is, for anyone (particularly AFAB people) who have had thyroid cancer or some sort of hypothyroid disease, how do you manage your weight maintenence? Have you had to adjust your levothyroxine dosage during weight loss? Do you feel your weight loss has been slower or more difficult than someone with a functioning thyroid? Thanks!

submitted by /u/DifficultyFar2802
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/HkXmehN

No comments:

Post a Comment