Saturday, August 22, 2026

How to lose the last bit of belly fat?

29F, 165cm/5’5, SW:95kgs/210lbs, CW: 68kgs/150lbs, GW: 60-63kgs/~135-140lbs

I’ve been losing weight on and off for a few years now and am like 90% happy with my body now. The only issue is I cannot get this last bit of belly fat to budge. I know it’s the last to go and the hardest to get rid of but I’m at my wits end and looking for any advice that might help.

I feel like my body is quite disproportionate, in the sense that I look skinny pretty much everywhere but my midsection. My arms and legs have seemingly no fat left to lose. My bones stick out and I have visible muscle without flexing. My upper and lower ribs are visible and I can even see my upper abs on a good day. Yet my lower stomach is huge (I have an apron belly) and I still have love handles. I know some of it is loose skin but it’s still mostly fat.

The problem is that any extra weight I lose is just not coming off my belly. The last time there was a change in my stomach size was when I got to 75kgs, nothing since. So what do I do? Just keep losing weight until it finally comes off the belly or is there something else I can do to look more proportionate without going below my GW?

I eat a fairly healthy diet. Mostly whole foods, plenty of fruit, veg, and lean protein. My deficit is quite small (250-300cals) since my TDEE is low and I’m fairly active. I have tried eating less but I get dizzy and fatigued on less than 1400 daily. More recently, I’ve been trying to cut down on simple carbs and added sugar more to help increase my deficit without feeling faint. I am losing weight, just very slowly.

An example of a normal day of eating for me:
Morning: coffee - 90cals
Midday/evening meal: chicken, pork, or lamb, roasted/sautéed vegetables (3-4 kinds) or garden salad with low-fat dressing, potatoes or rice - 450-650cals
Snacks (1-2): tea (35-90cals), yogurt with berries and homemade granola (200cals), or dark chocolate (90cals)

I only eat breakfast on workout days (yogurt or porridge/oatmeal). I only drink tea and coffee (with skim milk). I drink plenty of water. I try my best to get 2 serves of fruit and 5 serves of veggies but sometimes struggle with eating enough fruit (it’s expensive). I don’t eat fast food and avoid processed foods. I have the occasional treat meal (1-2x a month) but I budget for it. I probably eat too much salt but I don’t track that. I get plenty of good quality sleep.

I workout 3x a week and walk on my off days. My workouts are split into upper body (arms and back), lower body, and cardio + core. I lift heavy and do progressive overload. My workouts are roughly 90mins including warm up and cool down. I get 7-10k steps on non-workout days and maybe half that on workout days. It’s winter here so I’ll get more steps in the warmer months.

I am fairly muscular. I have been weightlifting for ~10 years and hypertrophy training for 3 years, on and off between periods of weight loss. Even though I’d describe my body as “skinny fat”, I wouldn’t say I’m under-muscled, even for my broad body type.

Besides my plan to further clean up my diet and get in more steps, now that the weather is warming up. Is there anything else I can do to help get rid of the belly fat? Do I just keep losing weight, even though there’s been no change there between going from 75kgs to 68kgs? Do I keep increasing muscle mass? Do I start saving for surgery?

I am okay with having a bit of a belly, I know it’s normal, it just feels like mine is SO much bigger than what it should be considering what the rest of my body looks like. I wear a size small in tops now but my stomach is 96cm/37inches around. It doesn’t make sense.

submitted by /u/Princess-Pancake-97
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Xv87wBI

No comments:

Post a Comment