Friday, June 12, 2026

I can't help but wonder if the reason I can't get hired anywhere is because of my weight.

one of my biggest weight loss motivations other than wanting to look and feel better is to have a better chance getting a job

​

I've been looking for a job for three years now with no success. I've done every single possible thing you can think of to increase my chances of landing a job multiple times over and over again and nothing has worked and most of my interviews go really well and I feel a click with the interviewer

​

yet I still don't get hired

​

I've literally been ghosted and rejected by DOZENS of MCDONALDS locations.

​

AND by several small mom and pop shops.

​

like nowhere wants my ass

​

but I can't help but wonder if it's because I'm visibly fat?

​

I know that may sound like a stretch, but it has been proven employers are fatphobic along with other things (racist, abliest, sexist, etc any hate form you can think of many employers fit the bill)

​

and it has been proven that people subconsciously view fat people as lazy/unmotivated/lacking discipline which are qualities you don't want in the workplace

​

If I successfully lose the weight, (struggling to) I really wanna see how that changes the job hunting picture. like what if I suddenly get my first job offer after losing all the weight?

submitted by /u/mythrowawayaccim21
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/1DfushL

No comments:

Post a Comment