Friday, October 2, 2026

Doctor’s office weight less than home weight

Just like the title says. My weight came in at about 155 today at the doctors office which was quite shocking to me because I weigh in at the 160s constantly. I started my weight loss journey in March and since then I have been consistently in the 160-164 range. It’s not a huge range but for months I have not been able to get the scale to budge. My doctor was proud of me bc this is the lowest I weighed in the 2 yrs I have seen him. I can’t help but think his scale is inaccurate though and when I try to look it up, most people have the opposite problem of weighing more at the office.

For background I am a woman, 5 foot, have hypothyroidism (currently on meds) and pcos (just got prescribed metformin today). Those 5 lbs are a huge deal to me because weight loss with all 3 of the worst conditions for weight loss has been extremely disheartening. I have my off days but overall have been tracking somewhat consistently and exercising consistently at least twice a week. I also have been seeing my doctor every few months not just the annual since I am trying to keep my thyroid levels ok. Last time (3 months ago) i weighed in at 162 which at the time was consistent with my home scale. I also did come home and used 3 different scales and they all showed 162-163 so I guess i am still in the range…but it would have been nice to believe my doctor

submitted by /u/Sweet-Employment-201
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/1inQ75j

No comments:

Post a Comment