Weight Prediction Spreadsheet Tool
Years ago, I wanted to find out if it was worth trying to cut my calories further to lose weight more quickly. So I worked up a spreadsheet to test eating different average daily calorie amounts each week. Just fill in the information in blue and change the values in column C to match what you plan to eat each day.
Then each week, you can update your average daily calories for that week and get a more accurate look at how your weight might trend. I've also put in the 5% and 10% weight loss steps are in case you want to have little rewards at those mile markers. BMI is coded in different shades of green so it's friendlier looking.
I found that, for me, eating 1600 calories a day would only make me reach my goal about 3 months faster than 1200. And it would still take a year. Definitely not worth it.
Then, when I found the eating pattern that worked for me for 1200 to be comfortable and hunger free*, I started using it to put higher average daily intakes on the weeks with special occasions. Like putting in an average daily calorie amount of 2000 for the week of Thanksgiving, to allow for eating like 5000 on Thanksgiving. Being able to see that it didn't make that much of a difference to when I'd reach my goal was really freeing to just enjoy the holiday.
It also helps with seeing what your activity level really is. If you're losing slower or faster than the prediction, try changing the activity level and see if it gets closer. I know we love to just use sedentary (1.2xBMR) around here, but if you're getting out and walking most days, chances are you're actually slightly active (1.375xBMR) and if you're doing moderate workouts 3 or 4 times a week, you might be lightly active (1.425xBMR).
Anyway, I hope this is helpful to someone!
*This is why you'll see me comment to try having different meal timing and to walk more, you might not need will power, you might just need to get your calories in the way that satisfies you more.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/uBGgCcs
No comments:
Post a Comment