Please, please, please for anyone on their weight loss journey - do not neglect your resistance training and protein, and get into the habit now rather than waiting to get smaller first. I found out the hard way myself that just dropping the calories and the weight endlessly will not end up where you want.
For reference, I used to be very sedentary, and just continually dropped the cals and upped the steps to get from 110kg to 52kg (5foot10) and still just ended up looking like a sad, emaciated, and shrunk down version of my obese self - rather than the athletic/lean look I imagined. I had no muscle on my frame, and probably lost a fair bit during the weight loss, and was terrified of upping the calories in case I gained the weight back. I am testament to the fact that you can be underweight and still have a high body fat%.
It's taken over a year of solid gym work and eating more than I was comfortable with get back up to 80kg and a decent foundation of muscle to the point where I am ready to finally go back onto another weight loss phase now.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/pfirQGc
No comments:
Post a Comment