Monday, October 5, 2026

Struggling already in week 1

Hey!

As the title says, I just started a weight loss journey almost one week ago. I really have no motivation to do this, as I know it’s going to be very hard. I lost about 25 kg some years ago, but life happened and I gained it back plus some more. I’m starting to get health complications as a result of my weight, so my doctor strongly encourages me to lose weight. Still, I struggle a lot with motivation. Food has always been my zoloft, my comfort, and taking that comfort away is very hard for me.

I randomly decided to start focusing on it last Wednesday. No big life change, no eureka-moment. Just decided to start. I redownloaded cronometer and set the calorie goal to 2000 a day. The only thing I’m doing for now is tracking calories, and trying to stay around 2000. TDEE is around 2400 sedentary, but I do move around on dog walks and house chores.

However, I find myself extremely hungry to a point where I have eaten over 2000 calories most days, with the highest day being 3000 calories. Even this very small restriction makes the process feel very hard, despite it not even lasting a week. Even if I eat protein-rich meals (a good portion of pad see ew, about 650 calories) I’m still hungry after the meal and find myself wanting to snack. I try to fill myself up with fruits and veggies, but it seems to have little effect. I still try to prevail, however, and stick to my calorie goal. I hope this will stabilise at some point, so I can slowly continue the process, one step at a time. This small step already seems like too much for me.

Has anyone felt similar and want to share their stories on how to stand your guard through it?

submitted by /u/NovaPoochyena
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/hd8ieAG

No comments:

Post a Comment