Saturday, October 3, 2026

I Haven't Been able to Maintain Weight Loss for Six Years

EDIT: LMAO why have i been downvoted what kind of community is this

EDIT 2: forgot to mention i have pcos which i only discovered age 25. i have very irregular cycles and its only when im under 140lbs that my cycles are more regular and my periods are much less painful. this isn't just vanity weight loss.

27F / 5'6 / SW: 160lbs / CW: 134lbs / GW: 130lbs

The timeline of my weight goes something like this:

All throughout university I was pretty slim, around 130-135 as I was sporty and had a hospitality job where I was on my feet non stop and was too busy/broke to overeat regularly.

2021 I get my first big girl job where I was sedentary for 40 hours a week and didn't make time for the gym. This was when I started stress eating. Went up to around 150lbs.

I got down to 135-140lbs summer of 2022

Winter of 2022 I was binge eating due to work stress again and got back up to 155lbs.

First half of 2023, smashing gym, tracking everything, tbh got too fixated and it wasn't entirely healthy, but within a couple months I'd got down to around 135lbs which I'd manage to hold off until that winter where, ding ding, I began stress eating again and by the end of 2023 I was back to 155lbs.

2024 I was around 140-145. Overall a fairly smooth ride until I got into a relationship with someone who overate a lot which would then result in-

2025: my heaviest yet, I got up to 160lbs and was really unhappy in how I looked and felt. most of my clothes didnt fit or look good, i went on a hike on my 26th birthday and had to stop several times up a hill which now I'd be able to march up with no issues.

2026: i left the ex and moved out of our flat and ran the london marathon. After the marathon I decided to really focus on weight loss as you can't really be in a calorie deficit while marathon training. Since April, I've lost over 20 pounds through keeping a high step count, limiting alcohol, and eating mainly whole foods. I keep a food diary in my notes app, but i dont count calories. Weirdly, I exercise WAY less. I still run, go to the gym and climb, but i do those for enjoyment rather than weight loss, i just try to make sure my steps are at least 12k.

I've been staying around 135lbs since July, I want to get down to 130.

As you can see by the timeline, I have spent my entire twenties in a relentless yoyo cycle of weight loss and regain. I am currently pretty happy with how I look and feel. Running feels great, my clothes fit me again, my confidence has improved tenfold.

I don't want to lose this and have to start from scratch again. I want to lose these last few pounds slowly and sustainably as I know it will be more difficult than the first twenty pounds I lost.

If anyone has been able to overcome this cycle or just has any insight, please let me know!

submitted by /u/Ridan_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/J6fDKeN

No comments:

Post a Comment