Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Looking for advice on losing weight

Hello! I've recently decided that I need to lose weight (probably close to 15 or 20 pounds) but I am very new to this whole thing so I need some help.

I'm 20 years old, MTF on HRT for a year, and 5'11" tall.

My current weight is somewhere around 175 to 180 lbs and my goal weight is 160 lbs.

From my current understanding, most of the weight loss battle comes from eating in a calorie deficit. I usually am not that active, apart from walking around a combined mile a day to get to and from classes, as well as staying on my feet for around 5 hours and moving around at work.

The main reason I want to lose weight is hard to explain to cis people. I'm trans, and therefor have had a typically male fat distribution my whole life. When I started college, I gained about 20 pounds. And shortly after when I started HRT, I gained probably another 5 to 10. Now that I've been on hormones for a year, my fat distribution is supposed to be more feminine, but I still have a lot of residual fat from before hormones in such a way that it makes my body look very strange.

I've been told by other transfemmes that it can be good to lose weight after being on HRT for a bit, because then you'll lose the masculine fat and regain it with a more feminine distribution. I struggle with my self image a lot already, and I feel like I need to take more control in order to feel better.

Any help is appreciated. Advice on calorie deficits, potential workouts, whatever yall have. Thank you.

submitted by /u/Yemses
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/6V0yYFM

No comments:

Post a Comment