Saturday, July 18, 2026

Advice for getting back into the gym/deficit?

Hello all. I have been at this for a few years and have gone from 222lbs to \~158lbs. Im not sure how relevant it is but i am 20F, 5'4". I have primarily used a calorie deficit for weight loss, however I started going to the gym and really enjoyed watching my endurance and strength increase and have been going at that for a while. I am seeking a career that requires a high level of fitness and would like to get into more calisthenics style workouts, but this obviously requires that I lose at minimum another 20lbs, which is where I think id be happiest. My GW is 130-140lbs with great muscular fitness.

I have been plateaued for a very long time. I was around 160 at the beginning of this year, and I finally got to sub 160 a few months ago. My lowest was 155 but I have been gaining weight more recently. I believe a potential part of this issue is I began donating plasma to support my income, but im not entirely sure. Ive seemingly been losing a lot of the control ive had over my cravings. I know that donating plasma makes you a little hungrier, but ive actually had no energy to go to the gym or even do home workouts. I was donating twice a week, im going to try and drop down to once a week.

Im still worried this isnt the full issue, as even today (days after my plasma donation) I do not have the energy to go to the gym like I used to. My deficit is \~1400-1500 but this has been impossible for me to stick to recently and ive been exceeding this. Has anyone experienced this, specifically after having lost a substantial amount of weight and trying to lose the last 20 or 30 lbs? What did you do to give yourself the energy you needed to get back into fitness?

As a final note ive honestly been a little shocked because comparing pictures around 180-190lbs to now look almost identical to me. Im not super concerned with my physical appearance, moreso im upset that it seems like the fat I need to lose to better control my fitness is not decreasing in the way id anticipate it. I guess thats more just a rant than anything. But im curious if anyone else has experienced this and what their thoughts were.

submitted by /u/Ok_Courage_4188
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/yWIuokR

No comments:

Post a Comment