I know people talk about this a lot, mostly in response to other threads but I want to share my personal experience and just how much a little bit of resistance training has changed my life in a very short amount of time.
I started this journey just about a month ago on June 23rd. (The day after my anniversary, the day before I stepped on a scale and my eyes nearly popped out of my skull, so I enjoyed anniversary dinner, and then said "time to fix this"). In that time I've lost depending on how much I trust the scale, between 15 and 30 pounds. Certainly I've lost some, and not a weak showing of "maybe losing a little" either, like lost a chunk. But I haven't been that aggressive with my calorie budget.
What I have done however was add exercise.
At first, it was just a 10 minute low intensity walk on the treadmill. That was all I could do before my back was like "are you sure?!" Then I quickly discovered using the massage chairs at the gym to recover and go for another 10 minute round.
But none of that was what caused the weight to really start to come off. I was losing a little, but nothing amazing. And then I started doing just a little bit of core strength exercises. Back Extension, Abdominal twist, and weighted crunches. And holy cow. My endurance on the treadmill exploded as my back is now much stronger, but also my weight has started to drop much faster. I'm seeing regular 2-4 pounds per week, and a total of at least 15 pounds in 4 weeks which is huge. I'm not on a massive cut (I am cutting, but not that massively), but by adding in the exercise the weight is just sliding off.
I think it's true that you can't activity yourself to weight loss, but I think you can use resistance training to lose weight. Of course a good high protein low calorie diet helps too, but honestly, my protein isn't that great, I'm still cutting calories, but it's mostly just been portion control. Yet I'm well on my way to losing the 150+ pounds I am hoping to lose.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/LxtQOnC
No comments:
Post a Comment