Like the title says. A little background, I’m 5’10 male that weighed 220 September 1 2025, I got down to about 170lbs as of May 2026. Since then I’ve been bouncing between 167-170 pounds for the last few months and can’t seem to break below 166.5 pounds. So all in all, I’ve been at a deficit for about 11 months, give or take a cheat/re-feed day here and there.
As far as fitness and diet, I’m eating 1600-1900 calories, I do 1 hour long boxing cardio classes 4-5 times a week, and like 3 times a week. The calorie numbers are NOT including expenditure during cardio and lift days so it’s possible on those days I’m getting as low as 1300 calories after cardio calories are accounted for
The question I pose now is what if I did a mini bulk for about 2-3 weeks to build some lean muscle mass as well reset any metabolism slow downs. Then I would resume cutting and try to eventually hit my goal weight of 150. My maintenance is about 2300 calories, so I would aim to eat 26-2800 calories for a 2-3 week period
Has anyone done this, and did it help your plateau? Would I just be better off eating at maintenance for a few weeks then going back to cutting? My thinking is, if I’m going to put eat extra calories, I might as well go extra hard lifting and turn some of it into muscle mass. Can any significant amount of muscle even be put on in a 3 week bulk or will it mostly be fat?
If anyone could provide personal experience, that would be great. It’s been real demoralizing cutting hard these past two months of summer time, and putting in a lot of work in the boxing gym/cardio and not seeing any scale progress.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/RA24zVC
No comments:
Post a Comment