Sunday, July 26, 2026

Am I consuming too much fat for a healthy diet or is my calorie tracking app just recommending a small amount?

I (female, in my early twenties, if that matters) use the calorie tracking app Yazio for my weight loss journey and it worked great so far. I manage to stay in my deficit most day and have no issues with weight loss. The macro nutrient I cut out the most are carbs, I still eat them however just less of them.

What I noticed however is that Yazio recommends eating only 47 gramms of fat a day, if I had a lot more movement that number goes up because my total energy expenditure goes up as well. So on an average day I can have about 55 gramms of fat. Usually I consume about 70 gramms. My total calories for a day like that would be 1600.

While I try to eat mostly healthy fats, like olive oil or fatty fish, I also eat about a serving of butter a day and regularly eat cheese (mostly mozarella, feta or halloumi)

Am I consuming too much fat for a healthy diet or is Yazio just recommending a smaller amount in order for people to stay in a deficit more easily?

I am planning to get some bloodwork done for a number of reasons and that will probably tell me, but i just wanted ask on here anyways since the appointment is a couple weeks away.

submitted by /u/vintage_toast69
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/OeT4mPg

No comments:

Post a Comment