I've lost 14 kg (about 31 lbs), going from 109 kg (240 lbs) to 95 kg (209 lbs), but I've been stuck at this weight for about six months now. During that time I've had periods where I gained a few kilos because of vacations or going out for dinner more often, but I've always managed to lose that weight again.
The weight loss happened over the course of 2,5 years, and I was happy with the slow but steady progress. After so many failed attempts in the past, I'm really proud that I've managed to keep the weight off for this long. Still, this plateau is starting to get frustrating.
I think there are two main reasons why I'm stuck:
- I've found it difficult to get back into tracking everything I eat. Part of the problem is that I often have days where I already know tracking won't be realistic because I have dinner plans or some other social event. That makes it harder to stay consistent.
- A few years ago I lost touch with a lot of my friends, so I made a conscious effort to build a new social circle. I'm really happy that I did, and I now have a much more active social life. The downside is that seeing friends often revolves around eating out, grabbing drinks, or other food-related activities. I rarely drink alcohol anymore, so that's not the issue. The harder part is choosing the healthier option when everyone else is ordering whatever they want. It also doesn't help that restaurants where I live don't list calories on their menus.
Ironically, having very few friends made losing weight much easier because I wasn't constantly surrounded by tempting food or social meals.
Has anyone else dealt with this? How do you balance an active social life with continuing to lose weight? I'd really appreciate any advice.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/cxAZOFI
No comments:
Post a Comment