Monday, July 20, 2026

Almost 3 weeks binge free, here are some thoughts/realizations

I have struggled with binge eating, compulsive over eating my entire life. I have consequently been overweight most of my life with brief periods of weight loss.

I have been trying to stop the binge eating this year and finally gained the tiniest bit of ground this summer. Since July 1st, I have weighed myself daily and logged all of my food faithfully.

Some observations about my mental health, physical feelings.

1) I have un-anticipated anxiety over eating. I used to have guilt, shame after a binge and now that I'm not bingeing, I'm consumed with the fear that a binge will come back. I feel a void in my mental space now. I used to be obsessed with "what was I craving" and what was next and how I could hide my eating or how I could take up my free time with eating. Now I'm noticing a completely different anxiety creeping in. I do not trust myself with food at all.

2) I am now starting to dislike the feeling of being really full. I am really paying attention to this natural pause that happens when I'm eating. I stop eating. I used to push past that natural end to my meals but now I just sort of take stock of how my stomach feels and often find myself not wanting to take another bite. My dog is loving it.

3) other surprising anxiety points: what happens if I let myself get too hungry? What if I see a number on the scale that disappoints me? What if I don't finish this weight loss journey? What if I have loose skin? A lot of "unknowns".

I'd love to hear how other people were affected by mental health during weight loss or trying to stop bingeing.

submitted by /u/leaveafterappetizers
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/fK1XkYb

No comments:

Post a Comment