Monday, July 27, 2026

Question About What I Should Consider An Accurate Weight Measurement

Hello, when I weigh myself it is in the morning, after having used the bathroom and before breakfast. The last time I did that was this morning and I weighed 174.6 pounds. When I started my weight loss journey I was at 400 pounds, and my goal is 150 pounds, so the end is in sight at last.

I had a doctors appointment today as well, and they used a bathroom scale instead of one of the big ones you step onto. Wearing clothes and shoes, my weight came to 184. I asked how much of a difference clothes usually makes with these and the response I got was 5 pounds, meaning that the weight from my doctors visit would be 179.

When I came home, I stepped onto the scale and found myself at 181.3, which after subtracting the five would come to 176.3. After breakfast and the water I've had today it wasn't a surprise I had gained some weight.

So, that leaves 2.7 pound difference between the two scales. Is that within a margin of error? Or is that a large enough difference that one figure is true? In the grand scheme of things it's not a lot, especially considering how much I've lost. However, I just would like some opinions that way I know whether I should believe the number I see when I weigh myself, or add a few pounds to it.

Thank you, I hope you're all doing well, and keep at it!

submitted by /u/Royal_Papaya_7297
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/k74xmzr

No comments:

Post a Comment