Thursday, July 23, 2026

How Do You Lose Weight Without Forming an Unhealthy Relationship with Food or Youself?

I am having the hardest time reconciling those two things. For added context, I used to be a super active member of this community and initially lost 85lbs through CICO and more movement. It brought me from 250lbs down to 165! Which was still considered overweight, as I am a 5'5 female, but it felt like a really comfortable spot for me.

A year or two after not actively dieting, I've managed to only gain about 15lbs, which is not phenomenal - but just being under 200 still is considered a win for me. The problem is that I would love to lose weight again, this time dipping down to 140lbs, but I can't help but remember the dark place I was in trying to lose it all in the first place. I often felt a lot of shame and would even have nightmares about eating over maintenance. The restriction was very bad for my self-esteem, and despite my best efforts about trying to get back into it all, it just ends up causing me to binge now.

I assume going to therapy would probably help a lot with this, but it is not a viable option for me right now. Are there any ways I should reframe my mindset about weight loss? Some way to make it feel less like punishment? Thanks!

submitted by /u/sarahsmellslikeshit
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/V4rzZGL

No comments:

Post a Comment