Hi all,
5’6” 36F here. I started using the LoseIt app a little over a year ago. I was lucky to lose 45 lbs over the course of about 5 months, and when I was at my “smallest” (185lbs), my daily calorie count to lose 2 lbs/week was in the low 1300s. I tend not to count exercise towards my calories as it never helps with weight loss.
After a couple months of stress eating I’m up at 200 lbs and back on the program. My question is, if 1300 calories/day was my calorie allowance at 185, what’s going to happen as I get closer to my goal? Is my allowance going to get below 1200, which everyone says is too dangerous to go below? Right now I’m seeing zero progress after 3 weeks at around 1600 calories/day, and I’m trying to restrict it even more, but with my exercise plan I don’t know how I can sustain 1300/day when I’m so hungry after my workouts, let alone below 1200/day.
A few things to note:
- My goal weight isn’t super ambitious, just 160 lbs, but at by the logic of the app it sounds like I’ll have to eat like a traditional supermodel to reach that weight.
-I do track my fiber and protein, but as an unemployed pescatarian ( in other words) I only eat fish but can’t afford to eat much fish), I often fall about 20g short of my daily protein goal, unable to reach it without exceeding my calories. I also drink plenty of water (at least 100 oz/day)
-My current workout routine is 4-5 days/week on the the elliptical for 20-30 minutes, one 75 minute intensive hot yoga class, one 75 minute light yoga class, and one 60 minute hot Pilates class (though I’m hoping to bump up the Pilates to twice a week and ditch the elliptical altogether). Also when the weather isn’t terrible (I live in the Midwest), I’ll walk my dog 1-2 miles/day.
Tl;dr - will I have to start eating below 1200 calories a day as I get closer to my goal of 160 lbs, based on my 1300 calorie limit at 185 lbs? If so how do I manage that with a moderate-activity lifestyle?
Thank you in advance - if any questions arise I’ll post the answers here as an edit, rather than respond to individual comments
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/LXtqbU2
No comments:
Post a Comment