Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Slower Loss for BED Recovery?

Question: For those of you recovering from BED, is it safer to lose more slowly, with a smaller deficit than to go for the 1 lb a week loss?

I want so badly to lose this weight. I'm 38F, 5'4", and 234 lbs. I'm literally doing a sleep study tonight to be evaluated for sleep apnea. I'm terrified for my health. I had orthorexia for 13 years before developing BED, so I know I have to be careful.

I AM seeing a therapist and have worked with a dietitian, so I am working on recovery. But I know losing weight is going to help my physical health from worsening. I'm just afraid of having too high of a deficit and then bingeing and undoing all my hard work.

I just don't want to lose so slowly. I know I've got to actually focus and get into the "long haul" mentality and not fast weight loss mentality. But it's hard. ​

submitted by /u/loluryaabye
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/fucB9hW

No comments:

Post a Comment