Thursday, July 23, 2026

Weight loss when exhausted and overtaxed

I have been back on my weight loss journey for about 50 days. I returned to Noom which has always worked for me. I was doing really well until work really ramped up. Due to some internal issues, I am now on call for 48 hours, off for 48, and then on for 24 which means I have to live on site until my shift is over.

I ride horses about 4-6 times per week depending on how work ends up. So I am getting SOME workout done through the week. My job is also fairly strenuous as I work in an equine hospital in surgery. So we are lifting, pushing, and holding heavy weighted objects. So maybe you could say light weight training a few times a week.

I am just stuck on my weight of 180, which is basically where I started. I’d like to be in the 140’s but right now I’d be happy to see something in the 160’s. I am trying to eat as healthy as possible, but sleep has been hard to come by and jumping between housing sites makes it hard for me to mentally prepare meal prepping and healthy options (especially if I get home late and have to flip around to head to an emergency).

I find myself just spent, where before I enjoyed my nightly run. Thankfully this new schedule will end next month when we have a big crew showing up to help spread the load. Any advice until then?

Daily schedule looks like this:
Wake-up: 6:00am (sometimes earlier)
Work: 6:30am (sometimes earlier)
Ride: hopefully sometime before 5pm if I can get away
Work ends when it ends. Could be 2pm could be 9pm.
I am also in school full time online.

So things are always constantly changing. Work is based off of surgeries scheduled and times they are scheduled for. Anyone else lock something down with a sliding scale like this? Sorry the post is so long!

TLDR; my schedule is nuts and I want to lose weight. How can I add more exercise with my current crazy schedule?

submitted by /u/Mountain_Time2465
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/L7OMX3x

No comments:

Post a Comment