Saturday, October 30, 2021

4 months ago I lost my appetite and everyday since I've been significantly under-eating

Disclaimer: This post is NOT going to be about dieting or healthy weight loss strategies, I just need help with a situation I'm having and don't know where to go. Trigger warning regarding eating disorders or things that are similar.

The initial loss of my appetite was caused by depression, but I don't believe it to be the reason for why it hasn't returned. Having no desire to eat often makes me forget about needing to. Usually I procrastinate eating until my body motivates me, but if I plan to be mobile I will in advance eat what I would've normally had later in the day. I don't count calories but I know I don't consume anywhere near the recommended daily amount. I don't eat meals, only servings of snack foods (like a couple of nature valley bars or a yogurt) because they are easy/quick. I think I still experience the common signs of hunger but became accustom to them. In general I feel fine, or maybe I'm just indifferent towards the things I experience as a result of under-eating (weakness, lightheaded, physical exhaustion, etc...). After going too long without responding to my body's requests for food, it'll motivate me to eat by inducing sudden nausea that causes involuntary gaging/dry heaving. It's pretty brief and I lay down for a couple minutes to make it subside before I finally eat something.

I was able to figure out that in these 4 months I've lost 57lbs. Before I was 213lbs and last week I weighed 156lbs (I'm around 5ft9/5ft10). It surprised me when I did the math and found out how much weight I had lost. Especially because I haven't noticed a big change in my appearance (just a little less belly fat) and no one else mentioned anything about how I look. I had medical labs done (for an unrelated reason) in early September and know from the results that there is nothing physically wrong or abnormal that could be causing this. Based on the information I've read from reputable and up to date health resources, I'm not sure if I have an eating disorder because my experience didn't line up with any of the different forms that were listed. I don't really know what to do about this, or if I need help and what kind, or where to start. Thanks for taking the time to read.

submitted by /u/The-Pink-Panther
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3Cw3mBY

No comments:

Post a Comment