Friday, October 29, 2021

Had a weight loss pact with my crush 8 months ago. We both hit our goals, with bittersweet results

We're both in our 30s. We grew up together and she eventually moved across the world. We caught up during the pandemic and talked almost daily on zoom/messaging for over a year. Things got flirty but we took things slow because I wasn't going to be able to travel until November, and neither of us wanted a long distance relationship.

She said she had a few pounds she wanted to lose, and I had 40 (225 -> 185). We made plans for me to visit her, and then a few months before I did, an ex boyfriend of hers from college came out of nowhere after a divorce, and she moved back to America to be with him. Because he's in the military, he convinced her to marry him so she could go overseas with him. She didn't mention any of these decisions to me until after they happened.

Rough stretch for me but I kept going with my weight loss. Learned from a mutual friend that she's unhappy and this guy told her he wants her on a workout schedule because he isn't happy with her body (she already lost the weight she wanted to, and is stick thin, while he's 50 lbs overweight).

The other day she commented that I look good on a picture I posted. She messaged me and it was nice at first, but she eventually started venting about her husband. I'm sad for her, but I told her that she knows how I feel about her, and if she's unhappy, she either needs to leave him or find someone else to vent to about this.

She said she needs to give it a chance with him.

Today, just a few days after that conversation, I hit my 40 lb weight loss goal. I did a lot of things to improve myself during the time I spent talking to her: physically, mentally, and financially. She was always very supportive, so I don't regret reconnecting. I'm still crushed at the way things went, and sorry she's in that situation, but I'm in such a better spot to move on.

submitted by /u/CapitalSale
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3pMvrBl

No comments:

Post a Comment