Tuesday, October 26, 2021

The doctor told me to rest exercise for one week. I am scared that I will regain weight during the rest and the anxiety is almost giving me a mental breakdown. Need advice on how to cope with this feeling.

It’s been about two months since my weight loss journey started and I was doing so great. I lost about 25 pounds since I started. I first did CICO then, added exercise to my journey. It was first walking and cycling and then adding home training (Youtube). I felt great. I still have to lose 31 pounds more to reach my goal weight. Recently my weight loss has been slow or stagnant but it hasn’t discouraged me.

However, today I went to an orthopedist because my right knee has been sort of in pain these past two weeks. It started hurting when I accidentally stomped on my right foot when I lost balance. It wasn’t serious but everytime the pain bothered me, I just went to get acupuncture and continued to do cardio, HIIT, etc. When the pain was bit noticeable, I would decrease the intensity of my exercise and when it felt better I would do more intense workouts.

After two weeks, I finally decided that I should do something about my knee before it gets worse and I don’t have to keep worrying about it in middle of my workouts. So I went to the orthopedist and did had my knees for x-rays. The doctor said I show early signs of osteoarthritis which is early for my age (30F). It can be many factors, maybe obesity or hereditary. I was told to lose weight and put off exercise for 1~2 weeks. Being told no exercise was the biggest discouragement that I felt since I started my weight loss.

I can’t lower my calorie intake with my current diet because it would be unrealistic. Only way right now is to exercise but I can’t. I am scared that I will regain the weight I lost by taking a break from exercise and fall into my old habits of being sedentary. What scares me is even more is that my knee will never be the same and I can’t do intensive workouts anymore. I don’t want to go back to my old self where I was gaslighted about my weight from my family, especially my mom. Or mean store employees being rude to me about shopping for clothes when I go into stores. I like the feeling of being able to wear my old clothes before gaining weight. I want to continue to lose weight to reach my goal weight.

How do I deal with this fear and anxiety? Does anyone have advice or been in a similar situation? I need help.

submitted by /u/hojigreentea
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3jFCbNL

No comments:

Post a Comment