Friday, October 29, 2021

Kids and weight loss?

I'm posting here hoping someone else who has struggled with weight can help or has gone through this as well.

I was overweight all growing up. Then as an adult I began really gaining weight and became obese and struggled a lot with losing weight.

Finally I got it together and lost the weight and hit my goal! I've been doing great since then.

When I was obese I was engaged and we had a daughter. After having her is when I began really trying but it took awhile. When I hit my goal weight we got married and had my two other daughters.

My daughters are now 13, 8, and 3.

The issue is my 13 year old.

My eldest is a bit on the chunky side. I completely think it's fine for kids to have some "baby fat" and she is still growing. The doctor says she can stand to lose some weight but that it's not worrisome.

I cook healthy yummy meals. We have healthy snacks. For example for breakfast on school days we usually have heated up egg and veggie frittatas, toast and fruit. Or oatmeal with fruit. I pack their lunches and they will have a sandwich, fruit, carrots, cucumber, a pudding cup, cheese stick. After school snack of turkey slices, cracker, cheese and an orange. Dinner last night we had spaghetti, french bread, veggies. And after dinner had frozen yogurt and fruit.

I believe in everything in moderation for the most part. They can eat as much fruit and veggies as they want. I don't normally buy junk food though. But we bake cookies, cupcakes, etc .. on occasion. I don't let them have soda unless we eat out which isn't often. They don't get juice but can drink water or milk.

I think I'm fairly normal and eat healthy without being super weird, strict or overdoing it.

We stay very active. We do daily walks to the park, we skate and bike ride. We are outside a ton. The kids are in ballet and sports.

The issue is that she is food obsessed. You would think I'm starving her. I'm really not! But all she thinks about is food and what she can eat next.

My sister babysits 3 days a week and we have had issues with her stealing and hiding food and lying about it. Like an entire package of cookies and saying it wasn't her! Or eating my sister's leftovers that she was going to have for dinner. My sister is getting upset because she is constantly having to replace the food and it sucks when you are expecting a meal and it's gone. I'm also having to pay her back and it is definitely getting expensive.

We are all getting frustrated to say the least. We talked to her over and over. My sister told her if she is hungry she just needs to ask.

None of us understand what is going on here.

I'm super doubting myself and it's bringing up bad emotions. I struggled with food and weight and don't want that for my daughter. But I also don't want to give her food issues.

But stealing and lying is not ok.

I'm totally lost on what to do here.

submitted by /u/darlingsweet889
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3mpFc6v

No comments:

Post a Comment