Saturday, October 30, 2021

My mom keeps buying junk food

I’m only 15 and yet I weigh 228lbs. I’m sick of being so unhealthy and I want to be able to love myself so I’m trying to lose weight but it’s really hard when my mom makes a freaking thanksgiving feast every night. I’ve tried talking to her and have been able to convince her to start making small changes such as buying lite milk instead of full cream milk and low fat Greek yogurt, but that’s about it. And whenever I mention I’m trying to lose weight she buys MORE junk food.

For example, last week I told her about my 6lbs. weight loss and how I’d like her to stop buying so much junk food so I could keep losing more. The next day she went to the store and bought me a 2 litre tub of ice cream and one for herself. I didn’t say anything about it to her because I didn’t want her to think I’m ungrateful. I ended up eating it because it’s so hard to resist seeing my favorite flavor of ice cream just waiting for me. I know it’s not her fault that I ate it and she didn’t force me to, but I just felt guilty.

I don’t know what to do. I’ve been working out every day at least but I know that weight loss is like 70% diet and I’m not going to make any more progress with my current diet. I’m sick of being the “fat kid” at school which is something my mom just doesn’t seem to understand.

submitted by /u/SpeedWagonChann
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3mvDZe8

No comments:

Post a Comment