Sunday, October 31, 2021

I’m seeing an unhealthy pattern in obsessing over macros. Advice?

I, f23, have lost 105lb in the past 13 months. I went from 398 to 292.4lb as of today. I used to use an app called Fooducate to count my calories but never really checked macros because u had to pay for it but it showed a percentage of protein, carb, fat. I used to be happy as long as my protein percent was higher and that’s it. Then I moved to myfitnesspal like 3 months ago. It’s an amazing app. But I’ve noticed a pattern of unhealthy obsession with my macros counting. I currently eat 1750 calories but I always feel guilt if I hit the full amount. Thoughts of “ur gonna gain weight,” “u don’t need that little piece of chocolate that u already counted in ur calorie limit,” “ur so fat just stop eating.” I recognize these thoughts are all part of an eating disorder in the making and I try to fight it by reminding myself that I’m eating in my calorie limit and my body needs these calories to function well. I should be eating like 2000 calories but I manually have lowered it to 1750 to lose weight. I currently workout 4-5 times a week and hit the weights hard. I burn like 400-550 calories. So I’m worried that I’m not eating enough. but I legit can’t lose weight if I’m eating more than 1700-1800. I also have pcos( it’s a hormone imbalance disorder that affects the body) so I have to eat lower carbs than the average person. I’ll be happy if I’m eating 130g carbs or lower. But if I’m eating less carbs, then the calories go to protein. But then I’ll easily hit like 170g protein in a day and that’s a lot. Im just in need of some help to see how I can continue my weight loss without making it into an eating disorder and also regulate my macros according to my needs. I had gone to a registered dietitian a few months ago and she had no help to offer and tried to sell me meal replacement shakes. Like tf.

submitted by /u/zahimahi97
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3jT1n38

No comments:

Post a Comment