Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Need help thinking of a reward system for weight loss and self improvement

Hey everyone! I just started my weight loss and lifestyle journey. For some context, I have an ED and just started journaling in a manifestation planner that emphasizes rewards for goals.

I’ve always had an unhealthy reward system with food and I won’t go into detail to avoid triggering others but I want to reward myself for my goals achieved in some way. I also deal with mental illness and self-care is frequently on my goal lists so I don’t see self-care as a reward, instead it’s more like a requirement.

Friends, google, and even my therapist haven’t been very helpful here in helping me think of healthy rewards that don’t revolve around food, self-care, or finances. Honestly, even I’m drawing a blank when trying to think of rewards that don’t enable restriction, cost money or insinuate self-care should be earned.

None of those things are motivating to me. Am I just imagining that there has to be rewards for goals accomplished that are healthy? Maybe I need this to be reframed.

If you google rewards, you’ll find lists like “go to a nice dinner, get your nails done, buy a new outfit, drink wine, etc.” For me, those rewards sound more like the goals, as I struggle to do self-care and fun things.

Does anyone have any kind of ideas or input? Am I even making sense?

submitted by /u/Savings_Historian_18
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3EhJlQ0

No comments:

Post a Comment