Monday, October 25, 2021

I see sooooo much disinformation about weight and weight loss. Is there anything that can be done?

I went from underweight to overweight but have now maintained a healthy weight range for many years after I actually learned how weight loss and weight gain worked. I really just had no idea how it worked when I was younger because I was being told so many factors for my weight were out of my control through genetics, set point theory, starvation mode, hormone imbalance, etc...

But when I realized that what I consumed and how much I moved directly correlated to my weight, it was like a light bulb went off and it was easier to understand and make goals for myself. The mental aspect of reducing intake and exercising regularly is what is the most challenging but the formula is simple.

However I see so many people fall victim to what I had to go through. It makes me mad because it seems that people and companies deliberately confusing because it's profitable that way.

I try to attempt to dispel weight lose/gain misinformation in friendly and positive ways but lately I have been met with replies that I am just fat phobic.

So my question is there a way to talk about the science of weight loss & weight gain without coming off as attacking or fat phobic?

submitted by /u/el0011101000101001
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3vG709I

No comments:

Post a Comment