Sunday, October 31, 2021

What losing 200lbs looks like 38F sw389 cw 186

3 years... Starting weight 389 size 28 pant Current weight 186 size 12 pant

And the real kicker is never did I think I was doing well enough, I often felt I was in a plateau until I started paying attention to when I lose in relation to my hormone cycle and it started to be clear. 1 lose the week before and the week after my cycle and nothing in between.

I also never thought I would succeed to where I am now. I didn't set a goal weight because frankly I didn't think it was achievable so why bother. I just started each day with the intent of trying my best and if I struggled I just picked it back up the next day.

I didn't excersise for the first year because I just wasn't able, I was in pain daily. I got a trainer once I was able so they would help me so it right and I wouldn't injure myself. She was great and said for each 10 lbs lost, change something by either adding excersise or make changes to dietary habits. This was great advise to keep the weight loss momentum and day and day, weeks into months, the weight came off.

I still have a trainer and we are working on strength training. I also do aquafit and spin. Walking the neighbourhood, mountain biking in the summer and x country skiing in winter.

The skin is an issue but it's cost prohibitive to remove. I wish I could get it removed but at the same time I'm pretty proud of it.

The hardest part that I didn't expect was the mental shift, your body image takes longer to adjust and when you are 400lbs there are so many things you can't do because you are living in a fat prison and you try to convince yourself you didn't want to do it anyway so you don't feel left behind, like amusement park rides, travel and fitting in airline seats, sports activities, hiking ect. Once you lose the weight it's taken a lot of self reflection to really assess what beliefs I have that no longer reflect reality. What things do I actually want to do even though I told myself I didn't want to before, now that the physical restriction is removed. I hope that makes sense, it's hard to explain.

I have also really come to enjoy learning about the science of nutrition, the more I understand the impact of the food choices, the easier it is to stick to making better choices.

All in all, it's a journey, no one's journey is the same and sometimes the weight came off easy and other times I had to fight to lose every lbs. I've pretty such settled into where I am. I would love to lose another 10 but I don't know how realistic that is.

Here are a few pics from along the way.http://imgur.com/a/RgUAWYF

submitted by /u/thoriginals_wife
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Y5Ng34

No comments:

Post a Comment