Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Gained a lot of weight while under my maintenance TDEE?

I track all of my food religiously using the Lose It! app with measuring cups and a food scale (even when I'm on vacation) and it has helped me go from 343lbs to 289lbs in 10 weeks which has been great, but I recently went on a trip and let myself go a bit and don't understand what's going on with my body.

I was gone for 4 days, I drank a lot of alcohol and ate a lot of tacos and Korean BBQ. I tracked every drink and used the median calorie item in the app when I ate out and couldn't find the exact item. I ate out 2 meals a day, all 4 days.

Weekly Weight Loss Budget 12,600 kcal
Weekly Maintenance Budget 19,840 kcal (https://tdeecalculator.net/)
Week of trip consumed (conservative estimation) 19,781 kcal
Weight before trip 289.2 lbs
Weight after trip 297.8 lbs
Calories needed to gain 8.6 lbs in one week 47,840 kcal

I expected to gain a little weight back, but 8.6lbs in a week seems impossible without purposefully trying. I know my body isn't breaking the first law of thermodynamics, but I'm certain I didn't consume an extra 30,000 calories over those 4 days... I didn't get THAT drunk, so what is going on here?

I will happily provide more data in necessary, please help me understand :)

submitted by /u/drocm
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3pGSEos

No comments:

Post a Comment