Monday, October 25, 2021

My favorite game of "was this piece of skin always this pinchy?"

After a mammoth effort of losing nearly fifteen kilos in three months at the beginning of the year, I went and fell off the wagon hard, gaining it all back and then some in the next three months.

My getting back on it was slow, and the weight has been coming off slower than ever but I'm approaching the ten kilo mark lost again. My initial step was to cut coke out, opting for the no sugar options. Sadly I'm still as addicted and drinking as much but at least the calories are much lower. It's taken me ages but my fast food consumption has been dropping, only a once a week at most.

One thing that's helped me recently is I've been on the Man Shake diet. Basically a meal replacement shake down in Australia which I feel fits well for my current lifestyle. I don't control the cooking in the household and those who do... don't keep the best tabs on amounts, so dinner was always a wild card in terms of calories, and I can't trust myself to cook because I'm usually just so low energy after work that I always defaulted back to fast foods, despite that I know I'm lucky to be able to have a home cooked meal almost every night for dinner. I also only ever eat two meals a day at most, so the man shake fits well for me, keeps me full between shakes and the diet encourages healthy snacking, so some fruit or nuts in between. I feel I'm much more full of energy as well, the shakes taste great, and most importantly I think, I don't feel like I'm "missing out" in terms of general food consumption and my unhealthy lizard brain needs. It frees me up to have the occasional fast food without feeling like I'm setting myself back several days worth of losses. Of course it doesn't mean I'm just free to eat it as many nights as I want, but it helps offset the guilt somewhat.

I know every dietician/weight loss guru will say I shouldn't drink my calories, and I only mean for this to be a temporary thing. I know some people have had major losses with this diet and that's great, but what scares me most about it is the not establishing healthy eating habits mindset which means, if I just went off the shakes for a while, will I gain it all back instantly? That's why I'm going to try using the time sloughing off enough weight to become more active, and using the extra energy to learn how to cook healthily, and learn to love the process, and hopefully switch to healthy foods from there, but for now, I'm happy with the program and happier still to see the scale dropping faster than before.

And I'm happy to start finding more "pinchies" all over my body. My newest one is around the gut, it's only small, but hopefully it'll get pinchier as the belly goes down.

submitted by /u/SomeponysScribbles
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3mbGFgI

No comments:

Post a Comment