Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Everything suddenly stopped working? Help?

Hi. I’m almost 50F and been fat most of my adult life, and REALLY fat for the last ten years or so. My highest recorded weight was 278 a few years ago, and it was about 260 six months ago when I decided to actually start trying hard to change my life and habits.

Ive always had a decent diet - I love to cook and I’m a good cook and I cook for my family three times a day. I eat healthy food, just too much of it and with a layer of treats on top. So I didn’t change what I was eating much, except for cutting out the sweets. I just downloaded the Lose It app and followed its instructions, and started walking a lot.

For four and half months, this worked great. I had to cut calories much more than the app thought I should to lose weight (it thought I could a pound and a half a week on 1800 calories a day to start and in fact I had to cut to about 1600). Ive lost 48 pounds and am down to 212.

But in the last six weeks, zero weight loss. I haven’t changed anything - in fact Ive upped my exercise a lot and my calorie budget is now 1500. I’m doing yoga most mornings, getting 11K steps every day, and doing 20 minutes of HIIT three times a week. Most days I have a deficit (according to the app) of 200-300 BELOW my calories budget, which is already supposed to give me weight loss of 1.5 lbs/week. It’s like a switch flipped in my metabolism and all the weight loss just STOPPED. From one day to the next.

I know about plateaus obviously, and I’ve been through a few that were like a week long, but this is SIX WEEKS with ZERO scale movement. I don’t know how long I can keep this up without any weight loss. I’m fucking starving all the time. I can’t cut any more calories and be functional - not at this level of activity.

The worst part is nobody believes me. Everyone says I must be cheating or unconsciously eating more than I’m logging. But I’m WEIGHING everything I eat at home - I eat lunch out most days but I go for a deli salad and use the posted calorie numbers. I know I haven’t changed my intake. I don’t know what to do. Getting extremely discouraged.

submitted by /u/aimeed72
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZsE0a1

No comments:

Post a Comment