Wednesday, October 27, 2021

I found a way to enjoy the things I do for weight loss.

I feel like such an idiot.

I'm on day 4 of regular exercise and caloric deficit and I absolutely love how I feel after my workouts. I've been focusing on chest mobility since I spend a lot of time hunched over my laptop, and breathing is so much easier after I exercise. I enjoy slow and functional training when every move you make has a purpose. So why the hell did I stop if this feels so good? But that's not the point of my post.

The point is, now that I'm enjoying everything I do for weight loss it has become a hundred times easier. The first time I was losing weight I saw everything as a punishment. I had boring, bland meals mostly devoid of flavor because for some inexplicable reason I've decided to deny myself spices. I was choking on plain unsalted chicken breast. I was forcing myself to exercise. This was not sustainable, and I ended up gaining weight. Now I've learned to cook delicious yet healthy meals, acquired an impressive collection of spices over time and I've come to enjoy exercising and walking in the nearest part so much. I wake up and do a little exercise routine just because. It feels good. I don't think of weight loss, I think of helping my body wake up. My focus shifted to taking care of my body. I really like that. Pretty sure this time it'll last.

I want to get to a point where I am in full control of my body. I want to live a very active life, travel a lot, hike, swim, surf, ride horses and climb friendly mountains. I want to be able to do pull-ups and push-ups on my toes to see that fascinated look in my partner's eyes. In order to do all that, I need to be able to rely on my body. I'm so glad I'm able to enjoy getting there.

submitted by /u/lookatmyentiredog
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3vQn2ho

No comments:

Post a Comment