Monday, January 27, 2020

34M 6'0 220lbs No Weight Loss Question

I'm a moderately in shape person and decided to do keto and no alcohol for all of January. I've been working out for about 45-60 mins a day 5 or 6 days a week since New Years. I've consistently been maintaining a 500-1000 calorie (typically 500) deficit with the occasional refeed day. I have not lost any weight but I have lost 1-2 inches off my waist, which I am happy for. I havent experienced keto water loss but I believe that is because I may be messing up my keto (urine strips have shown me in and out of keto throughout the process).

Typical routine is about 1.5-2 miles on the treadmill (slow and steady, hill workout, sprints, I mix it up) followed by weights (heavy 8 reps push/pull/legs or medium weights 12-16 reps push/pull/legs) and jump rope between sets. I try to keep my heart-rate up the entire time im in the gym so I only rest 30 seconds at most between sets.

I know I've lost weight because my tight clothes are less tight and my belt is on its last hole... but I guess I'm curious as to what the reasoning behind not losing any weight would be? Ive been lifting for many years so I am not experiencing newbie gains. I havent been over-eating and don't think its muscle that is gained. Overall just curious if anyone has experienced anything similar and what I may be able to attribute my lack of loss to? Once again - I'm very pleased that I've gotten in better shape, I just want to understand the lack of loss.

submitted by /u/-invasmani-
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37A2gWk

No comments:

Post a Comment