Sunday, January 26, 2020

I binged and my body is punishing me

I started off my weight loss journey around the 15th of December. I started off at 221 lbs (F/23) and managed to lose 11 lbs by now. I lost the weight by overall eating much healthier (loads of fruit and veg, no cookies, no junk) and starting to work out 2/3 times a week. So far I was feeling amazing, until today.

Today though, I had a hiccup and my body is punishing me. I had a slice of a decadent chocolate cake at my grandma’s, proceeded to bake massive chocolate cookies at home and had three of them, and finally I finished it off with half a bag of chips (about 100 grams).

It’s the first time I’ve binged in a LONG time, and I feel extremely nauseous and I have a massive headache. I don’t know in what way it is possible for my body to be used to a lower amount of sugar in a short amount of time, but I’m feeling absolutely terrible.

It doesn’t only feel like a physical setback, but it’s my first mental one. I know progress isn’t linear, I know I’ll make mistakes and I know this one slip up will not make me gain 10 lbs, but it still just sucks.

However, tomorrow is a new day and it will have new chances. For everyone that needed to hear this (including myself): you will be fine.

submitted by /u/ScytheAusten
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2TXS0Dj

No comments:

Post a Comment